Spandex is a synthetic fiber made from polyurethane. It was originally developed for the military during World War II. It was later used in clothing manufacturing because it can stretch up to 100 percent without breaking down. In addition, it is resistant to moisture and UV rays. Because of these properties, it is widely used in sports apparel such as jogging suits, tights, leggings, cycling shorts, swimwear, and so forth.
Advantages Of Spandex Sports T-shirts
By utilizing spandex as the main material, sportswear made of spandex have advantages over clothes made of other materials. Here are some of the advantages of choosing sports clothes with spandex material:
- Good Quality: Spandex fabric is a type of elastic fabric that is resistant to water, sweat, and lotions, and is easy to wash and wear. It is also durable and won’t tear easily.
- High Elasticity: Spandex sportswear is very comfortable to use because the material is stretchable and quite flexible. Because its elasticity is quite high it makes it ideal to be used as raw materials for manufacturing sports clothing.
- Not Easy To Tangle: Spandex clothing is a type of fabric that doesn’t wrinkle easily. It is therefore ideal for use during exercise because it won’t need to be ironed before wearing.
- Smooth and Soft Texture: Because Spandex has a characteristic texture that feels smooth and soft against the skin, many people enjoy wearing sportswear shirts that are woven from spandex.
- Colors Don’t Fade Easily: Spandex is one of the best materials for making workout gear since its color doesn’t easily fade. It stays bright and vibrant even after repeated washing.
- Dry Faster: Spandex is an elastic fabric that doesn’t get wet easily because it isn’t too absorbent. You just need to dry it out using sunlight.
How To Take Care of Your Spandex Clothing
Even if you often put on clothing that is manufactured out of spandex, you may not know how to properly take good proper of these spandex garments. After all, you do not want your spandex outfits to stretch too much due to improper maintenance. Here are some tips to help keep your spandex apparel in great shape!
As opposed to regular fabric, spandEX requires a specific type of treatment to be properly cared for. When washing spandex clothing, the first thing you need to do is to separate them from other fabrics. Especially the rough ones so that the soft fibers don’t get damaged.
Separate clothes that are primarily composed of spandex from clothes of different colors, especially if the spandste material is a lighter color.
Don’t Brush It:
Now, if a shirt accidentally stains, it’s best to only pour liquid detergent onto the stained area, let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then wash it off. Voila! Your shirt will come out cleaner than before. After you finish washing, rinse your shirt with clean water, do not wash it in hot water because it could cause shrinkage and wrinkles.
Do Not Iron Those Clothes
Polyurethane is a kind of plastic, so if you use a high enough heat setting when using an electric blanket, your clothes could shrink and even burn. As long as you don’t mind wrinkles, you don’t have to worry about whether or not the clothing you’re wearing has been ironed.